My research interest lies in the interdisciplinary combination of robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), and control theories with applications to robot contact-rich manipulation, robot skill learning, and learning/optimization-based compliance control.
Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
- Aug 2023: Our paper “Efficient Sim-to-real Transfer of Contact-Rich Manipulation Skills with Online Admittance Residual Learning” is accepted by CoRL 2023.
- Aug 2023: I am selected for DSCD Rising Stars Invited Talks at MECC 2023
- May 2023: I start my Robot learning research internship at the Autodesk Research.
- Jan 2023: Paper “Learning Generalizable Pivoting Skills” is accepted to ICRA 2023.
- May 2022: I start my research intern at the Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL).
- May 2022: Our paper “Safe Online Gain Optimization for Cartesian Space Variable Impedance Control” is accepted by CASE 2022.
- Feb 2022: Our paper “Learning Insertion Primitives with Discrete-Continuous Hybrid Action Space for Robotic Assembly Tasks” is accepted by ICRA 2022.
- Sep 2021: Our work about optimization-basd variable impedance control is presented at the Variable Impedance Robotics Skills: Challenges and Opportunities Workshop of IROS’21
- Jun 2021: Our paper “Online Learning of Unknown Dynamics for Model-Based Controllers in Legged Locomotion” is accepted by RA-L
- Feb 2021: Our paper “Learning Variable Impedance Control via Inverse Reinforcement Learning for Force-Related Tasks” is accepted by RA-L
- Jan 2021: Our paper “Feedback-based digital higher-order terminal sliding mode for 6-dof industrial manipulators” is accepted by ACC’21
- Aug 2019: I join Mechanical System Control Lab at UC Berkeley as a Ph.D. student!
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley, 2019 - 2024 (Expected)
- Major: Controls Minors: Robotics, Artificial Intelligence
- GPA: 3.97/4.0 Advisor: Prof. Masayoshi Tomizuka
- Research Interest: Robot Skill Learning, Robotic Manipulation, machine learning for robot control
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 2015 - 2019
- GPA: 3.83/4.3 Ranking: 1/60